Live Instructor Led Virtual Project Success Method Classes
Attend Live Instructor Led Online Classes – In Real-Time
You participate in live online classes as they are happening in real-time, from anywhere around the world with an internet connection. PSI instructors teach students in a virtual classroom: you attend these courses online. Classes include full participation, course materials, breakout sessions, demonstrations and all the same activities and content as a live in-person class.
Developed 37 years ago, the proprietary Project Success Method dramatically improves how teams define, plan, manage and control the projects or products they are working on. The Project Success Method offers the best of both worlds. It is a blend of traditional waterfall project management and Agile which enables teams to move quickly while ensuring their customers have a delivery date they can trust.
The powerful and practical hands-on methodology can be learned in three consecutive 7 1/2 hour sessions or four consecutive 4 hour sessions and applied immediately upon completion.
The Project Success Method requires no project management or Agile experience, no software tools or templates. It can be used in any business application or vertical market. It is neither “PMP Certification nor theory”. And provides the most effective and efficient process for developing, ensuring and maintaining consistency in project teams.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the purposes and benefits of a common project management method.
- Specify project objectives and constraints with respect to quality, time, and cost.
- Develop management procedures to promote coordination and cooperation among project participants with different backgrounds and priorities.
- Apply a set of proven techniques for planning, organizing, scheduling, and budgeting projects.
- Analyze the trade-offs among time, cost, and productive resources to make sound project planning and control decisions.
- Control projects toward successful completion – within specifications, on-time, and within budget.
- Understand process-related behaviors which can enhance teamwork and increase the likelihood of a project’s success.
Program Options – Duration:
2 Days (2 x 9 1/2 hours including midday lunch break)
3 Days (3 x 7 1/2 hours including midday lunch break)
4 days (4 x 4 hours)
$1200 per participant. Discounts available based on participant volume, and/or multiple class commitments.
- Introduction / Key Principles
- Project Chartering
- Work Breakdown Structure / Team Organization
- Precedence Network Analysis
- Activity Duration Estimating / Scheduling Calculations
- Project Duration/Cost Compression Analysis
- Overview of Project Staffing & Budgeting
- Overview of Project Control
- Conclusion & Glossary
Individual exercises, cases, and team project assignments are used to illustrate and reinforce key concepts, principles, and techniques.
This program is designed for professionals who are or will be responsible for the management of projects, members of project teams, sponsors of projects, key project contributors, and project management office (PMO) staff.
None, including any prior project management training or professional certification.