Resource Management and Budgeting with Microsoft Project
Enhance skills for resource planning and budgeting on single and multiple projects effectively.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Determine an organization’s objectives for resource/cost planning and select the appropriate method/technical approach.
- Define, analyze, and develop resource/cost coding structures.
- Select the appropriate software default/ functionality options to match the business situation/culture.
- Direct the development and collection of resource/cost loading information.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve resource/cost imbalances.
- Apply concepts and techniques to multiple project, staffing situations.
- Communicate resource/cost plan options and results.
- Refresh their knowledge and enthusiasm for Project Success Method principles and terminology.
1 Day (9 hours including midday lunch break)
$850 per participant. Discounts available based on class location, participant volume, and/or multiple class commitments.
- Presentation/discussion of concepts with examples and exercises to reinforce learning.
- Hands-on use of Microsoft Project and PSI’s Advanced Tools for Microsoft Project on single, and multiple project case examples.
Provided to Program Participants:
- A complete course notebook is distributed, including step-by-step software user instructions.
- PSI’s Advanced Tools for Microsoft Project is provided on compact disc. The software utility enhances the performance of Microsoft Project including features not found in other commercially available products.
This program is primarily designed for project leaders, project managers, project office personnel, project management support resources, and schedule analysts for organizations interested in resource planning and budgeting single or multiple project situations.
The course will be of primary interest to individuals also seeking to increase their knowledge/skills in the application of the Project Success Method and Microsoft Project software tool in their workplace. The audience will be limited to no less than ten, and no more than fifteen participants per session.
Participants must have completed the following PSI training programs:
- Project Success Method
- Toolkit for Microsoft Project
Our recommendation is that prior attendance of both courses have occurred within the last two years.