Toolkit for Microsoft Project
Understand the applications and deficiencies of the Microsoft Project software and utilize the Project Success Toolkit to enhance it’s use.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the scope and potential applications of Microsoft Project software in the management of projects.
2. Know the deficiencies of the Microsoft Project and obtain workarounds and replacement functionality for all issues.
3. Accomplish the following tasks:
- Enter project, activity, precedence, resource, and cost data.
- Obtain a completed project network, schedule, and critical path.
- Analyze the schedule and compress project duration.
- Sort/select project information and generate a project baseline report package.
- Update schedule progress, analyze the impact, and prepare a project update report package.
- Overview advanced features of Microsoft Project.
4. Understand the functionality and operation of the Project Success Toolkit for Microsoft Project.
5. Understand the functionality and operation of PERT Chart EXPERT.
$750 per participant; discounts available based on number of participants, training location, instructor availability, and multiple class commitments.
Provided to Class Participants:
- Complete course notebook, developed by PSI that utilizes the project planning and control techniques taught in PSI’s The project Success Methods training program.
- A compact disk containing:
- All systems settings, reports and layouts used in the course.
- Project Success Toolkit for Microsoft Project, a proprietary utility program providing enhanced input, processing, and reporting functionality.
- PERT Chart EXPERT, a proprietary network diagramming from Critical Tools Inc.
This program is designed for prospective users of Microsoft Project. Completion of PSI’s The Project Success Method training program and proficiency in Microsoft Windows are prerequisites for this training.